I suffer from arthritis, so it's often hard to motivate myself to exercise when all too often a simple walk will result in two days of aching and swelling. But as someone who was once a bellydancer, martial artist and rider, I hate feeling so unfit and unhealthy. You feel completely unattractive, even if you're not really overweight, especially when you couple that bad body-image with near-constant pains.
Which is why I am so excited to start using the Zombies, Run! app. tomorrow. I stumbled across it on Tumblr and totally fell in love with the idea behind the app. As a writer, I love the idea of immersive, story-motivated exercise - I kind of wish I'd thought of it myself! I'm not nearly ready to jog through the story like most - especially given how hilly my suburb is - but you better believe I'll be speed-walking my terrified little heart out. I even succumbed and finally updated all my music and iDevices to take advantage of the way the app. blends the story and music.
This is going to be a year, not only to get my work published, but to get myself feeling better again. And what better way to do that, than with zombies?
No comments:
Post a Comment